Hello wolf advocates,
Thank you to all who attended last month’s 8th annual conference, and a huge thanks to all of the excellent speakers! If you missed it or want to re-watch a session, the recordings are now available on our YouTube channel.
We continue to closely watch the status of this year’s wolf hunts and state kill orders. Wisconsin approved a kill limit of 300 wolves in the state against their own biologists’ recommendations, but now face a lawsuit over the hunt.
Oregon issued another kill permit for the Lookout Mt pack, of whom they horrendously killed two pups last month, and Washington issued a kill order for up to two wolves of the Togo Pack. Wolf advocates must call attention to the ongoing state-sponsored wolf slaughter in Oregon and Washington!
Join us on Tuesday, Sept. 14th, 10am PDT for a press conference & virtual rally to demand the halt of state-sponsored wolf slaughter in Washington and Oregon.
Speak for Wolves, the Northwest Animal Rights Network (NARN), Predator Defense, and the Animal Rights Coalition- PDX are teaming up to host a Virtual Rally and Press Conference in response to the recent state of wolf management and the media’s silence on it.
Watch Conference Sessions on YouTube!
Recordings of these sessions are now available:
- Corrine Nugent-Hayes, Poet, Wolf Advocate: Poetry reading: “When Shall These Mournings For Us End”
- Christopher Sebastian, Author, Researcher, Lecturer: Lone Wolf
- Zoë Hanley, Defenders of Wildlife: Innovating Predator-Livestock Non-Lethal Tools: Radio-Activated Guard Box 2.0
- Michael Waasegiizhig Price, Great Lakes Indian Fish & Wildlife Commission: “Whatever Happens to the Wolves Will Happen to Us”: Cultural Reflections of the Relationship Between the Wolf and the Anishinaabe People
- Sristi Kamal, Defenders of Wildlife: Oregon’s Wolves: Conflict and Coexistence
- Stephen Capra, Footloose Montana: Update on Wolves in Montana
- John Murtaugh, Defenders of Wildlife: Colorado’s Gray Wolf Reintroduction
- Anna Le, Biologist & Educator, Yellowstone National Park: The Harms of Gatekeeping Wildlife
- Quinn Read, Center for Biological Diversity: Fish & Wildlife Commission Reform
- Panel: Jodi Habush Sinykin, Environmental Attorney; Samantha Bruegger, WildEarth Guardians; and Nancy Warren, National Wolfwatcher Coalition: Blueprints for Wolf Conservation Planning Using Science, Inclusivity & Ethical Practices
- Erica Prather, Defenders of Wildlife: Take Action, Make a Difference, Have Your Voice Heard Through the Legislative Process
- Sarah Hanneken, Animal Equality and Faunalytics: The Importance of Data for Effective Wildlife Advocacy
Get your collector t-shirt!
Available in our store!
A Speak for Wolves annual tradition, this year’s conference shirts are screenprinted by a local Portland artist on 100% organic cotton, sweatshop free, USA-made, unisex, soft jersey Royal Apparel tees in Pacific Blue color with gold ink. Sizes XS to XXL. Visit the store for this year’s t-shirts and more!